Monday, September 7, 2009

Lesson #6: Self-Timer--due September 20th

3, 2, 1, Snap!

  • Use the self-timer to capture self-portraits.
  • When using the self-timer, first depress the shutter button halfway to lock focus and exposure. Then fully depress the shutter-release button to trigger the timer.
  • When the shutter-button is pressed, the photo-taker must hurry into position…hopefully before the shutter goes off.
  • Many digital cameras let you select the time it takes for the self-timer to release the shutter, usually between two and 10 seconds.
  • A tripod comes in very handy when using the self-timer. If you don't have a tripod, you will need to find a level surface to rest your camera.
Examples:
Resources:
Let us know that you're playing along. In the comments, tell us which actor/actress you would choose to portray your character in a movie about your life.

4 comments:

Linda said...

I know it's hard to post these, but I still enjoy them. And they have given me reason to practice in my few spare moments. Well, I'm assuming they would use an actress to portray me---hmmm, while I'd like to think someone glamorous like Julia Roberts would be appropriate, it seems I need someone a bit more "down to earth" ---- maybe Sally Field??

JJB said...

Of course I'm playing, too. I just forgot to sign in last night. As for the actress I would like to play me, I'd choose Tina Majorino. More than once I've been told that I looked like her (both as a kid and more recently). I also envy her spunky style. However, if she's got too much spunk, then I'd choose someone like Maggie Gyllenhaal. Now she's got style!

Vicki ~ FL said...

I didn't know about this meme until today....I need to sign up for sure (how do I do this?) since I'm pretty new to photography. I've just upgraded my p/s camera to a DSLR Cannon Rebel XSi

JJB said...

Vicki, thanks for stopping by. Here's the link to our official welcome page: http://shutterschoollessons.blogspot.com/2009/06/welcome.html