- Use leading lines to draw the viewer's eye through the photograph.
- Lines can be horizontal, vertical, diagonal, or even curved.
- Use leading lines to draw the viewer's attention to the focal point.
From Alex Guerra.
- "Better Photo Tips: Lines in your Photos" by Tedric Garrison.
- "Leading Lines" from photoinf.com.
- "Assignment 8: Leading Lines" by Kelly Hoffart.
- "Photography Tip: Use Leading Lines to Enhance the Shot" by Rich Legg.
- "Tips and Tricks- Leading Lines" by Coastline Studios.
This is our last composition lesson for awhile. For this week's lesson, take a few shots using lines to lead our eyes to the center of attention. Lines can be actual objects, such as a fence, or could even be shadows on the ground. Post your favorite photos on our Flickr site.
Let us know that you're playing along. In the comments, tell us about a road that you are looking forward to traveling down.